AmTalk is a combined server/client for the Internet
ntalk protocol for point-to-point online chatting.
The ntalk protocol establishes a direct connection between
two clients using a server running on both machines, allowing
realtime chat where you can see the other person's keystrokes as
The ntalk protocol is still widely used on a variety
of platforms; for example, most Linux installations come
with a preset talk package.
AmTalk functions as both the client and the server. It sits
quietly and unobtrusively in the background, waiting for incoming
talk requests and giving you the option to accept or ignore the
request, and even send it to an 'Answering machine' which records
whatever the user types for you to read later.
Please remember, AmTalk is shareware. If you use it, please
register the software and help support Amiga software development.
Download AmTalk now.
There is an AmTalk Mailing List run by
VaporWare for users to discuss the software. Please feel
free to sign up for it, your question may be answered
- Fully multithreaded - multiple sessions
- Auto-answer facility takes messages
- Icon on Workbench displays autoanswer info
- Can find AmTalk users on a dyanmic IP range
- History of last used talk addresses
- User configureable sounds
- Userlist stores frequently-used talk partners
- Userlist provides shortened aliases, privileges
- Start from inetd, or activate by hotkey
- Supports copy & paste in talk windows
- Logs all incoming talk requests
- Easy to use GUI
- Handles 'wrong' username gracefully
- Handles soft resets gracefully
- Works with Genesis, AmiTCP, Miami & as225r2 stacks